My Little Cupcake

My Little Cupcake
My Little Cupcake

Friday, October 7, 2011

Christmas Ribbon Wreath

Have you guys seen a ribbon wreath before?? They are gorgeous and so easy to do! I had left over christmas ribbon from last year and decided to make one using my left-overs! This is how it turned out:





I got my inspiration from here.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to add a bow to it or just leave it the way it is. I loved how it turned out! So easy but it took me a few days to finish it since Kate wasn't taking her naps good.

Materials you will need for this project:
  • styrofoam wreath (I used the 10in acorss wreath)
  • scissors
  • Ribbon - I used 5 yards of 9 different ribbon for this project
  • ruler
  • straight pins
How to make your ribbon wreath:

1.  Cut your ribbon into about 4.5 inchs long pieces
2.  Make a loop with each piece of ribbon, allowing the ends to overlap at the bottom
3.  Stick a straight pin (I used sequin pins) through the overlapping ends and securing it into the styrofoam wreath
4.  I did one color of ribbon first (pinning them all over) before going to the next color...that way you can make sure your ribbon colors are spread out evenly apart.
5.  When pinning the loops, make sure you pin the loops close together so the styrofoam doesn't show through once you're finished.

What's great about a ribbon wreath is you can customize it for any holiday or color theme you are wanting to do! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! :)