My Little Cupcake

My Little Cupcake
My Little Cupcake

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Taco Soup

One of my favorite things to do in the fall and winter time is make (and eat!) soup! Last night I made taco soup and it was so easy and so good, I just had to share!


Things you will need:
  • 1lb ground beef
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1can pinto beans
  • 1 can whole kernel corn
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
  • 1 pkg. of taco mix
  • 1 pkg. of ranch dressing mix
Directions:
Brown your hamburger meat and your onions until the beef is done and the onions are transparent. Drain. Mix all of the ingredients together in a large soup pot, let simmer for 30-45 mins. Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, or corn bread.

I split the lefts overs in half...half went into a container in the fridge for leftovers tomorrow for lunch, and half went into a ziploc freezer bag to be frozen for later. Freeze it laying flat. This way I'll have yummy taco soup to eat later this month when the temperature starts to drop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! :)